Effective date: May 2018
Oshkosh Corporation with its corporate office located Wisconsin, USA and our affiliated businesses, including JLG, JerrDan, McNeilus & London Machinery, (collectively, "Oshkosh" or "us") are committed to being responsible custodians of the information you provide us and the information we collect in the course of operating our business.
- The types of information Oshkosh collects
- How Oshkosh uses the information Oshkosh collects
- How Oshkosh may share the information Oshkosh collects
- Third-Party services and content
- Protection and storage of the information Oshkosh collects
- Your choices and rights
Oshkosh collects your personal data when you provide it to us, for instance by visiting our website, meeting our team at trade events, contacting us or by entering into a contract with us. "Personal data" is any information that can be used to identify you or that Oshkosh can link to you, for instance your name and email address. Oshkosh may automatically collect certain information when you use, access, or interact with us via our websites, for instance via browser settings or cookies. Oshkosh may also collect information from other sources such credit reference agencies or social media platforms that may share information about how you interact with our social media content, or if you interact with us via our social media accounts.
All personal data you provide to Oshkosh or that we (automatically) collect is voluntarily. However, without providing certain data, for instance your email address or phone number or phone number, we may not be able to respond to your request or deliver our services.
Oshkosh will only process personal data where it has a legal basis to do so. Oshkosh may use the information Oshkosh collects:
- To enter into a contract or settlement, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract or settlement (such as account registration or to perform credit checks);
- To respond to your inquiries, to provide you with services that you request, to communicate with third parties in the handling of claims or complaints, to maintain business administration records and prevent fraud, which is our legitimate interest;
- To keep records and administration on how services were provided, claims and complaints were handled, including the documents underlying such services, claims and complaints, which is our legitimate interest;
- To understand how people use our websites and services, to operate, maintain and improve our website and services, to send direct marketing communications, which is our legitimate interest;
- To comply with legal obligations applicable to Oshkosh, such as respond to legal process or requests for information issued by government authorities or other third parties.
EU personal data will be transferred to and stored in the US at a server of Oshkosh or affiliated companies in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable laws. If you have questions about the appropriate safeguards Oshkosh has in place or wishes to obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact us via email@example.com.
Oshkosh and its affiliated entities share information with each other or with third-party service providers for general business purposes pursued by Oshkosh, such as internal administration, billing, claim handling and services, and providing you or your organization with services.
Oshkosh and its affiliated entities may share information with third party data controllers (including law enforcement agencies and potential transaction partners) where Oshkosh and its affiliated entities have a legal basis to do so.
If Oshkosh transfers EU personal data to a recipient outside the European Union, it will only do so in compliance with the European General Data Protection Regulation. If you have questions about the international transfers of your personal data or the appropriate safeguards Oshkosh has in place or wishes to obtain a copy of such safeguards, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oshkosh engages third parties that support the operation of our websites, such as analytics providers. These third parties may use technologies to track your online activities over time and across different websites and online platforms.
Oshkosh deploys administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the information that Oshkosh collects. However, no information system can be 100% secure. This means that Oshkosh cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data. Moreover, Oshkosh is not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that Oshkosh does not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
Oshkosh retains the information Oshkosh collects in an identifiable form as reasonably necessary and only for as long as required to fulfill the purposes for which Oshkosh collects the information and to comply with our legal obligations.
Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at the address below. Where we process your personal data on the basis of our or a third party's legitimate interest, you may object to such processing at any time by contact us at the address below.
Oshkosh encourages you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if you believe that any information that Oshkosh has collected about you is inaccurate. You can also ask us to see what personal data we hold about you, to rectify or erase your personal data, or to port your personal data and you may tell us if you object to or want to restrict our use of your personal data. If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please notify email@example.com. You can also use this address to lodge a complaint. If you are not satisfied about the manner in which Oshkosh handles your complaint, you may also lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority.